Warmup 9/30 & 10/1 - Write complete sentences - complete 2 or more sentences
- What are the differences between normal view and Print Preview?
- When would you use the Save feature, and when would you use the Save As option?
- What things happen when you insert a comment?
- What is the importance of naming files in a meaningful way?
Warmup 10/2 to 10/5 -
Define the following words (include the page number where each word is found)
- Green Wavy Line
- Smart Tags
- Reference Initials
- Insert mode
- Overtype mode
These words are located in the Concept Builders Session (pages 43-55)
Full-block letter style
Warm-up 9/25 & 9/26, 2013 (Web Resource) -
Read the chosen article and fill out the statements or answer the
WHAT is this story about? List four important components of this article.
Summarize the findings of the article in a well-formed paragraph.
WHERE is this event or issue occurring? (Specify city, country, region, etc.) How does this effect your community, where you
Sept 23 & 24, 2013 -
Use Google to find the following informaiton. Copy each of the items below into your spiral, your answer on the next line, and follow it on the next line with the URL ( web address) of the web site find the answer. Skip a line between each entry.
- The current population of India.
- The amout of the USA's national debt.
- The distance from the Sun to the Earth.
- The lowest price of a new 52" LCD
- What is the new Apple was iphone device
- Who is second world powerful person.
Sept 17 & 18, 2013 - Write complete sentences - complete 1 paragraphs (3-5 sentences = 1 paragraph).Pretend that you are a great explorer and you have just discovered a great technology device. What will you name your new device? What does it do? What difficulties might you have trying to get people to use it?
Warm-up 9/11, 2013 - Write complete sentences - complete 2 paragraphs (3-5 sentences = 1 paragraph).
Today is the anniversity of 9/11. In observance of heros, Describe someone who is a hero to you and explain why.
Warm-up 9/9 & 9/10, 2013 - Write complete sentences - complete 2 paragraphs (3-5 sentences = 1 paragraph).
Prompt :Write about your favorite childhood toy.
9/5 & 9/6, 2013 - Warm-up -
What is a computer?
What is the difference between a desktop and a laptop computer?What is hardware?
List as many different computer components (parts) as you can.
9/3 & 9/4, 2013 - Warm-up - Write three (3) expectations for this course.
List one (1) classroom rule.
List one (1) CHAMPS procedure for this class.
- Direct Instructions
- Assessments (Test/Project)
11-14 & 11-15 - Writing Prompt (2 paragraphs):I am from another planet and although I now understand computers, I do not understand MS Publisher and Excel. Please explain it to me.
How many 5-letter words can you unscramble?
- OOSGE ____ ____ ____ ____ ____
- GWNOR ____ ____ ____ ____ ____
- BILCM ____ ____ ____ ____ ____
- GSUSE ____ ____ ____ ____ ____
- SEKAN ____ ____ ____ ____ ____
- SPJMU ____ ____ ____ ____ ____
- EUCON ____ ____ ____ ____ ____
- EEUNQ ____ ____ ____ ____ ____
- BNRG ____ ____ ____ ____ ____
11-6 & 11-7 -
Write two paragraphs or more to complete the following questions.
Imagine you opened your own restaurant. Tell the name of your restaurant. Explain what the restaurant looks like, who works there, and what you serve.
11-1 & 11-2, 2012 -
- Everyone has strengths & weaknesses. What are your strong points for your career?
- Do you prefer working alone or in groups? Why?
- What kind of people do you find it most difficult to work with? Why?
- What are some things you would like to avoid in a job? Why?
- What courses in school have been of most help for college & career preparation?
Warmup 9/28 & 10/1, 2012 - Complete Brainteaser Worksheet (10 minutes).
Warmup 9-14/15-12 - Writing with a computer - an e-mail, a school composition, an order form , etc. is called _____.
A "word-processor" is a special program that helps you write well. It lets you change things, move things, make things look beautiful, check your spelling and grammar, print, save on a disk, and more. Two of the best "word-processors" are Corel WordPerfect and Microsoft _________.
You should always follow these steps when you write a document, in this order
Write - Edit - Print - Save
Write - Print - Save - Edit
Write - Save - Print - Edit
Write - Edit - Save - Print
To learn more about using your word-processor, you can look at the menus and explore. Or, you can click ______
Word Bank Word, Explorer, word-processing, Help, Window, writing, editing
Warmup 9-11-12(Web Resource) - Click below Address to Read the article.
- T F Apple Corp. engineers developed the GUI.
- T F Xerox eventually sold computer with GUI and were profitable (millions).
- Tell what is Lisa?
- Explain the purpose of the Homebrew Club?
- Read the section: Apple and Microsoft Declare War & The Xerox Alto is Born
- 4. What does the acronym GUI stand for?
a. Graphic Users International
b. Graphic Unknow Interface
c. Graphical User Interface
d. Graphic User Interchange